Saturday, July 12, 2008

My blog name, let me show you it.


macbook
Originally uploaded by Swansea Photographer
One unexpected frustration with setting up a blog: the name. First there's the whole "Ooo! I want to be original and clever and funny!" thing. It ain't easy. I was trying to think of foods I like, puns involving the word blog... all a no-go from a creative standpoint. Apparently lots of people have already planted their flags on everything from my favorite poems to random 80s songs to Depeche Mode lyrics. I realize I'm a little late to the blogging game, but come on people!

But then, scrolling through my iTunes favorite songs I found a little gem from the Lovin' Spoonful and figured it jibed with the vibe I was going for. And when I gave it a try...

What joy! What rapture! And thus a blog was born.
Incidentally, on a Mac running Leopard, Cmd + Shift + 4 does a screen capture. Hence the illustration above. Muchos, muchos gracias, Lifehacker. Without you, I'd still be using Internet Explorer on my Dell with XP and an ice box instead of a refrigerator.

No comments: